Guardiola believes City can cope if handed a potential transfer ban

Pep Guardiola
believes Manchester City are capable of withstanding a potential transfer ban.
FIFA
are investigating the Premier League
champions over transfers of youngsters and determining whether they are in breach of rules.
Chelsea were slapped with a two-window suspension last month and City are thought to be in line for similar punishment.
'It (the squad) is good,' Guardiola said. 'It's really good. I answered lots of questions about that last week. I'm not even the right guy.
'The club says and they do it. They don't call me to tell me. I'm (only) concerned about what I have to do in my job. I'm very clear: the club made a statement. That's all.' 
Asked if he thinks they can cope without the ability to sign new players, Guardiola replied: 'Of course, of course.' 
City go to Swansea in the FA Cup quarter-finals on Saturday without Vincent Kompany, John Stones, Fernandinho and Kevin De Bruyne.
Stones has been called up for England's fixtures but Guardiola suggested the central defender will not link up with Gareth Southgate's side.
'John Stones was on the bench (against Schalke) but is not ready to play. Not today and not even tomorrow,' Guardiola added. 'He's still recovering and won't even play in the national team.'
Comment

No comments found