Jameek Lowery, Man Who Died After Going To New Jersey Police Station For Help, May Have Had Meningitis

Paterson, New Jersey officials ask those who came in contact with Jameek Lowery, who mysteriously died two days after seeking the help of police officers, to get treatment after the
man was believed to have had meningitis.
An investigation is undergoing for the death of 27-year-old Lowery, who, two days prior to his demise, came to the Patterson Police Department looking perturbed. The troubled man asked for water and sought assistance from the authorities, claiming there were people who were after him and were trying to kill him.
Lowery's Visit To The Police Station
Lowery documented
his whole ordeal with the police via Facebook Live posted on the site around 4 a.m. on Saturday, where the agitated man can be seen begging not to be killed. The officers turned him away, saying he can get water at the hospital.
"If I'm dead in an hour or two, they did it," Lowery said
Before going to the police station, Lowery called
911 twice. The first was at 2:45 a.m., when he admitted he took ecstasy and that he was paranoid, to which he was rushed to the hospital but immediately left. Then by 3:40 a.m., a call was traced from a Wendy's food shop near the police station.
Get Preventive Treatment
Lowery was taken to St. Joseph's University Medical Center and became unresponsive. He died on Monday morning for an unspecified reason. However, he was suspected to have meningitis, although the state health department said they were still awaiting laboratory results.
Even so, they are advising all those who physically interacted with Lowery to get preventive treatment
, including the emergency staff who responded to him. The mayor, who met with the man a week before his death, was given antibiotics.
However, Lowery's half-brother, who spent time in the hospital room, said he doesn't want to be screened and expressed distrust on the mayor and the hospital. Meanwhile, the death prompted two nights of protest joined by the man's mother and hundred others in front of the police station in search of answers.

No comments found